Sub Acid Sweet Songs is a 1999 album by the band Three Alarm Fire. Melanie Friedman's powerful, soulful voice was featured on all of the songs, and she wrote or co-wrote all tracks (except for the cover of Lou Reed's "Pale Blue Eyes").
The album took its name from a fanciful name (for a variety of fruit) that the band saw on a sticker at the grocery store.
- Good Tonic (Friedman)
- Love Me or Leave Me (Friedman/McCarthy)
- Sweet Darling (Friedman)
- Over (Friedman/McCarthy)
- It Makes Me Hold Your Hand (Friedman)
- Go About Your Day (Friedman/McCarthy)
- God Help Me (Friedman/McCarthy/Dery)
- The Sound of Single Girls (Friedman)
- Pale Blue Eyes (Reed)
- Violent Heart (Friedman/McCarthy/Dery)
- Sub Acid Sweet Songs (Friedman)