|Occupation||TV & music video director|
|Associated acts||Tina Turner|
Olivia Newton John
During the 1980s Brian directed & produced over 200 music videos and commercials, including Duran Duran's "New Moon on Monday", Tina Turner's "Private Dancer", and Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody". In 1983 he won the first ever music video Grammy award for his work on Olivia Newton John's "Lets Get Physical", and the following year co-founded MGMM Productions with Russell Mulcahy, Scott Millaney and David Mallet.
Since 1990 Brian has been directing mainstream drama, securing a first look deal with Universal Studios where he directed a number of high profile TV films and mini series. Returning to the UK in 2001, he teamed up with Producer Julian Murphy and co-created the acclaimed teenage drama As If for Channel 4. After making an American version of As If he went on to direct a BAFTA nominated Clocking Off for the BBC. Subsequent credits include Dr. Who, Hex, Sinchronicity, Party Animals, Life Is Wild and Britannia High.
Brian is also an experienced cameraman, operating on many of his projects and is fully proficient with all aspects of Final Cut Pro Studio, owning his own high spec system. He is presently developing a number of projects including Breaker and Gap Year.
A selection of credits
- Don't Stand So Close to Me (2008) TV episode
- Behind the Mask (2008) TV episode
- Let's Dance (2008) TV episode
- Play: Peter Gabriel (2004) (video "Shock the Monkey")
- In Covent Garden (2000) TV episode
- The Cyberstalking (1999) (TV)
- Bloodlines: Legacy of a Lord (1997)
- Day of Reckoning (1994) (TV)
- Absolutely ABC (1990) (video "The Look of Love")
- Dancing on the Valentine: Duran Duran (1984) (video "New Moon on Monday")
- A Hot Summer Night: Donna Summer (1983) (TV)